Wednesday 1 October 2008

Happy Birthday Kayamori-san! お誕生日おめでとう!


Yup, today is October 2nd which means our friend 柏森進 (Kayamori Susumu or Kayapi-san) is celebrating his n-th birthday... Japanese folks are so secretive when it comes to their age! If I had to venture a guess, I'd say he's a little under 30 or about my age. Here's to years and years of extreme denpa! If you wish to send him well wishes, mi~ko has a blog entry just for that. How about swamping it with comments from fans outside of Japan? The guy can read English, so go ahead and drop him a line.

On a personal note, I was selected by Capcom USA as one of the few lucky bastards to get their hands on the Retail Promo Pack. Turns out "all you had to do" was be among the first 200 commenters on that story and if you were, you would have gotten a golden ticket like I did this afternoon. I made sure to add two of these sweet retro shirts to my order. Don't remember the last time I got this lucky, so don't hate on me too much! I'm going to make a killing on Ebay!!! kidding...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On my old blog I had a post talking about Mega Man Powered Up, and someone from Capcom sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted a free copy of the PSP Ghouls & Goblins (or whatever it was called) game to give a similar write-up to. I never replied to the e-mail because I thought it might be spam. To this day I still have no idea if Capcom actually contacted me or not.

Anonymous said...

You should have written back, but here's my one-liner review:

"GAME IS HELLA FUCKING HARD"