Saturday 3 December 2011

The Unboxening: 「AKIBA-POP√RECOLLECTION」 Limited Edition from MOSAIC.WAV


Last time MOSAIC.WAV sent me something, it was the "Extravagantly Extra-Equipped" limited edition of their most recent album 「吟遊Planet☆AKIBA-POP」. I had a video camera back then so I had a little fun and cooked up an unboxening video, where I shocked some of you with my thick Canadian accent. Now the other day I just received the limited edition of their "Best Album" 「AKIBA-POP√RECOLLECTION」 but I didn't have access to a video camera today, so stills will have to do. Check out what's included! (click any picture for full size)




The first thing you'll notice is that this is an oversized package that combines two CDs side-by-side. We previously discussed how their first single 「Magical Hacker☆くるくるリスク」 was being included in this limited edition, well they meant that literally and threw in the whole thing, jewel case and all. This has the added benefit of a larger "widescreen" cover art, which you can nicely display on its side. Thus, the size is about a half-inch wider and an inch-and-a-half longer than a regular DVD case (Otomedius Excellent was the closest thing I could get my hands on).



The next step was to crack this sucker open, and the collector in me had some reservations about this (OMG must keep it SEALED) but then there would be no need for this article now, would there? It also wasn't clear if the shrinkwrap was keeping everything together, or if there was a plastic sleeve holding the CDs. I'm happy to report it's the latter, there's a very nice and sturdy sleeve that'll keep your CDs packed together in mint condition. Very thoughtful.






This then takes us to the commemorative booklet which, as you can see, has character artwork and a very detailed and comprehensive listing of every MOSAIC.WAV release up to this point. Major events such as concerts and TV appearances are also listed, and everything is complemented by photography from every era. The earliest ones are honestly the most awesome to look at, it's unbelievable how far they've come! Kayapi once had platinum hair before going for the blonde look, and mi~ko was a redhead. Furthermore there's also full commentary from Kayapi for every song on both included CDs, as well as the Magical Hacker single.



That's it for this article, there's not much to say other than "WOW" and "SHIT I'll have to brush up my Japanese to be able to understand even 10% of that commentary". There's a lot of information packed into this commemorative booklet and as cool as the previous album was, this is really the ultimate MOSAIC.WAV item right here. Don't miss out! If you've been saving up those CDJapan points, now's the time to use them! You could also go for the regular edition if you just want the music.


Oh, and here are two new MOSAIC.WAV videos we forgot to post the other day: 「Flyer」 and 「Mon-ju☆Brains」



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Mosaic.wav! :D I also got mine this week! Best CDs ever! :D I was all excited while opening the box... >.<

Oh, and they need to start making cool PVs, not these karaoke like movies... :/ Like for Heartsnative and AKIBA-POP the future.

Anyway, great stuff! Can't wait for even more! :D Thanks to you guys by the way, I think I would have missed on this if I didn't come on the site! :D

Anonymous said...

Pillow, thanks for the comment!

I agree about the videos, these are a little underwhelming but at least it gives them some exposure on niconico! Not sure what's up with MOSAIC.MOV these days, guess mi~ko is too busy with other things.