Tuesday 29 January 2008

YMCK live performance in Washington, DC


Heads up to all of our Washington, DC readers! Japanese chiptune band YMCK will be performing for FREE at the 2008 Japan! Culture + Hyper Culture event in Washington on Sunday, February 10 2008 at 6PM. I plan on writing a YMCK band profile in the near future, but until then I wanted to pass the word about this specific event.

Sadly, I won't be able to attend even though Washington's not extremely far from here. Not only will I be missing out on some killer 8-bit tunes performed live; the whole 2 week event sounds too good to be true. To add insult to injury, I have a bit of a love story with the city itself. Seeing Ovechkin play to his home crowd is a must, plus I know a couple of restaurants that I definitely need to re-visit ASAP! Why couldn't this event happen this summer instead? Would have been such a great road trip...

If anyone is planning on going, please drop me a line! I would love to put up your pictures for all to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/mandichan/-3.jpg Here is the only one that came out!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!! Lucky chance GET! That's fantastic. Let me guess, that background was moving along with the music?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the background showed their different music videos for the songs, and also he used it to show their intro and demonstrate music from around the world as played on the famicom by selecting different places on a map :) It was very fun!!